Brain Injury Continuing Ed
The Brain Injury Education Series is designed for medical professionals, survivors of brain injuries and their spouses and families. The program is offered free through a grant from the Rhode Island Department of Human Services.
Some of our topics for professionals have included:
- The Invisible Impairment: Cognitive Deficits Following Brain Injury
- Neurobehavioral Challenges to Community Re-Integration
- Medical Complications following Brain Injury
- Academic Challenges of Students with Brain Injury
Topics for survivors and families have included:
- Modifying the Home for Optimal Function and Recovery
- Brain Power: Tools You Can Use
- Rediscovering the Self after Brain Injury
- Accessing Resources for Productive Living After a Brain Injury
For information on our Brain Injury Education Series or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact Sargent Center at 401-886-6600.